In today’s ever-growing digital world, you want your digital skills to be on top of the game. Recent statistics show that digital marketing jobs and salaries are on the rise all over the world. Employers everywhere are looking for people with skills in content management, PPC, UX design, and of course, SEO. So let’s get started!
Content management blogs.
- Chief Marketing Technologist (chiefmartec.com/) is a blog written by Scott Brinker. You can finding hundreds of in-depth posts about the increasing role of modern technology in marketing strategies.
- Dries Buytaert’s blog (buytaert.net/) is definitely a go-to when you need insightful information about start-ups, cloud computing, open source, and many more.
- David Aponovich’s blog (http://blogs.forrester.com/blog/53634) from Forrester Research hasn’t been around for a long time, but the owner has been. David’s knowledge in content management, customer experience, and software development will definitely come-in handy.
- Lucidplot (lucidplot.com/) is Jonathan Kahn’s blog. If you’re looking for experience in the social aspect of content management and marketing, this blog is the place to search for it.
- Hobbsontech (hobbsontech.com/) is owned by David Hobbs, the author of Website Migration Handbook. If you’re thinking about migration, David’s blog and book are the best place to start.
- CertifiedKnowledge (certifiedknowledge.org/) is owned by prominent figure on marketing industry, Brad Geddes. He might not be as active as other bloggers, but his knowledge on PPC is gold.
- PPCChat (ppcchat.co). While technically not a blog, there’s so much good information about PPC practices that can be found here that I couldn’t have left it out.
- Google’s Inside Adwords (adwords.blogspot.com) brings a nice googly touch to the world of PPC blogging. If you’re already using Adwords or thinking about it, this is the place to do your research.
- Bing Ads Blog (advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/blog) is Google’s Inside Adwords counterpart. If your marketing strategies include Bing, you should definitely check out the articles written here!
- RKG Blog (rimmkaufman.com/blog/ is probably one of the best PPC blogs on the internet. There’s so much variation on this blog that I can’t even begin to explain the importance of reading these blog posts.
- UX Booth (www.uxbooth.com) is the place to go if you’re a beginner or an intermediate UX designer. They publish a new blog-post every Tuesday.
- Luke Wroblewski is one of the leading experts in mobile design. His blog (lukew.com/ff/) has everything from general articles, conference notes, how-to videos to in-depth articles. You can also check some of his published books.
- UX Movement (uxmovement.com) focuses on explaining different UX design practices and the impact that each type of design has on its users. The blog is filled with articles on various design techniques and the reports of users experience with the designs. If you’re interested in optimizing and improving your UX design skills, this is one blog you shouldn’t miss.
- 52 Weeks of UX (52weeksofux.com) is a blog that ran for exactly 1 year, and has 52 must-read articles published. It’s definitely something you want to check if you’re trying to create good content.
- UX Myths (uxmyths.com) is an ever-growing list of myths related to user experience design. IF you’re not sure about a certain aspect of UX design, this is the place to start.
- The Google Blog (googleblog.blogspot.com) is an obvious pick for the list. Everyone in the domain is reading this blog, and so should you. Google keeps the blog updated with the most relevant and necessary information for anyone to read. The only disadvantage is that it’s completely about Google and its products, which is to be expected.
- Moz (moz.com/blog) has been in the SEO business for more than a decade. You can find guides for beginners as well as for the more advanced users. You’ll find articles for about all of the popular trends in the domain. One of the most comprehensive SEO blogs out there.
- HigherVisibility (highervisibility.com/ is more than just a simple blog. The experts working here will offer you real time support and tools for your website. Each response is tailored to the needs of every specific customer. So you’re sure that if you use their services, you’ll receive exact tips for each of your individual needs.
- Search Engine Journal (searchenginejournal.com) is a blog that’s based mostly on guest contributions. This is great you like variety and want to see more than one viewpoint on different aspects. You’ll find blog posts, news, how-to videos, and many more here.
- Search Engine Watch (searchenginewatch.com) offers information not only about SEO but about everything else we’ve discussed in this article so far. A very well-rounded site that you should visit every so often. Besides expertly written articles, you’ll also find news and pretty much everything else you’d expect from a complete social marketing website.